Friday, February 27, 2009

A View of "Is That All There Is"


In my last post, I told you about my almost first time and how it led to my aversion to Batman. When I finally did lose my virginity at age 19, it was okay but nothing to write Penthouse Forum about. Over time, I learned to enjoy myself and the moment more and ended up with a relatively healthy sex life.

I also learned that sometimes, one should be careful of what one asks for. Sometimes the moment, or person, or fantasy, or urge is mind blowing. Other times, it's distinctly underwhelming. I've learned that maple syrup is not a good marital aid (and no, I'm not telling that story except to say that it almost never washes completely out of your bed linens), that the old adage "all talk and no action" is especially true when it comes to someone bragging about one's sexual prowess, and that nothing kills a mood faster than rolling over and landing on a startled (and not declawed) cat.

The good folks at Slate talked about what they learned and compiled a list of the 16 Most Overrated Sexual Experiences. Some I can relate to, and I bet you can too. Others, not so much. Whatever the case, this list will not lead to an awkward moment or worries about monthly visitors being late. Read. Laugh. Share.

More later. Hope it's good for you, too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About bragists, I'll quote a verse from the good book even though I am not religious myself; "a great talker is a great liar"
Besides, if you feel you have to blow your own horn, excuse my language lol, doesn't that raise questions about your insecurity?

7:13 PM  
Blogger TEM said...

Exactly. I'm not religious either, so I would just say put up or shut up.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home