Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A View Of One For You, Nineteen For Me

I've been meaning to add a new post, but it's tax time. I'm sure you can relate to the final crunch - getting your papers in order, looking for every possible deduction, trying to get a Social Security Number for your pets so you can claim them...

Come on. Like you haven't thought of it.

Anyway, just when I thought I was done, a friend sent me the new IRS tax form. I don't know if you've seen it, but if you haven't, it makes the tax filing process much easier. Here's a copy in case you need one:

"...And you're working for no one but me...."

Kind of how the system works, isn't it? Anyway, you may want to read about some of your fellow tax filers out there and the creative deductions they tried on their tax forms. My favorite is the guy who, after hiring an arsonist to burn down his business, and claimed the insurance payoff on his taxes - along with the money he paid the arsonist as a "consulting fee."

Rich don't equal smart, y'all.

More to come in a post later today related to paying City of Detroit taxes (or throwing money out a window if you want a more accurate description). Look for it soon, but I have to go cash in my bottles, pennies, and spare scrap metal right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home