Thursday, March 30, 2006

A View Of A Fractured Fairy Tale - Now With A Happy Ending!


This is the mess
that started with a clog in the bathroom sink.
Drano didn't work at all,
because it turned out to be down deep in the wall,
the clog in the bathroom sink. So...

...Off with the pipe like a "U,"
with a grunt and a groan,
by a friend so true
to snake out all the gunk and the goo,
that caused the clog in the bathroom sink.

Then he took pliers to the pipes
but alas, the pipe to hold the "u"broke
(at first, I thought it a joke),
and the stuff that was left was
was rusted to Hell.
"It was all my fault," he started to tell.
"But it's not true," I began to reply
"the plumbing is old," I had to sigh.
"It was bound to happen, I have to think,
this problem and the clog in the bathroom sink."

And now here I am, left to rue
amongst gunk, rust and goo
(though with a nice buzz from the WD-40 fumes)
over the mess that started
with a clog in my bathroom sink.

So now stand I with a tear in my eye,
(nor a bit of the high left by the WD-40)
due to the realization that I now need to buy
a brand new face bowl tonight, or sometime
because of the mess that started, I think,
with a clog in my bathroom sink.

All that's left is my looming duress,
(not to mention the financial distress)
because this is the mess
that started with a clog in the wall,
and not in my bathroom sink, after all.

More to come later. My apologies to Mother Goose.

4/3: And now, the happy ending!

My sink is fixed! Hooray! No more bending over the bathtub to wash my face! Hooray! No more two-inch thick WD-40 build-up on my floor! Hooray! I can brush my teeth like a human again! Hooray! No more epic rhyming poetry about drain pipes and goo! Hooray! Now all I have to do is paint and re-tile the floor!

Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home