Monday, July 03, 2006

A View Of We Know Where We're Going, But We Don't Know Where We've Been

It's a very slow day at work for me. Surfing the net is keeping me entertained, though. Had this been a typical day and not the Monday before a holiday, I would not have found a perfect illustration of irony on the MSNBC website. (This is also in the July 3-10 issue of Newsweek.)

Seems we Americans can't stand the idea of $3 a gallon gas, but a growing number of us will think nothing of driving 90 minutes or more daily to work so we can own a big house and a big yard, preferably outside of the big, bad city.

Don't leave me stranded here. I can't get used to this lifestyle.

More to come later. After I fuel up and you click on the picture to see who actually said that last quote.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tafari said...

You know the price of gas has my ass on lock down like a mutha. I have been limiting my trips to Detroit big time. Ususally for the taste fest, I am there everyday but this year, I only made the trip once & that was Friday.

Holla @ me,
Bygbaby

PS we need (or I need) to talk about WDET email me.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home