Thursday, March 16, 2006

A View Of Something Shameful

As I was surfing along today, I came across a site called Urban Journalista. It's a pretty good site, one that I've added to my list of favorites. One of her most recent posts was about Damon Wayans and his attempts to trademark the word "Nigga" for, of all things, a line of clothing he wants to develop.

This makes me think he's shaving his head a little too closely or needs to be slapped with Homey The Clown's trademark sock. The idea of anyone using such a corrosive, damaging word as a sales tool is a disturbing display of self hatred. Has it really come to this?

Click on the title of this post to read her thoughts and for a link to the story as it appeared in the Washington Post. Feel free to weep over the loss of our dignity.

More to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home