Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A View Of A Fallen Icon

I don't shop at Wal-Mart or any of its affiliated stores. I think their policies toward their workers, the way the company bullies itself into its locations, the way it had to be forced into providing items like the morning-after pill to women, and its record on discriminatory behavior towards minorities and women is appalling. I don't want a penny of my money supporting their corporate culture.

I did admire Andrew Young at one time. His work in the civil rights movement, his intelligence, and leadership abilities were top notch. I say were because his recent actions seem to go against everything he seemed to stand in the African-American community.

That admiration has dwindled after reading this article my cousin, the artist mentioned in a previous post and my mentor when it comes to progressive politics and social issues, recently sent me from The Black Commentator website. Click on the title of this post to take a look at the article. It's hard to watch someone so admirable willingly do something that's not admirable in any sense of the word.

More to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home